What to Expect at NCCP Locations?
- Worship centered upon Jesus Christ
- Worship reflecting the culture and language of the community
- Wesleyan theology and practice
- Topical Preaching - Pastors use topic themes throughout the year consistent across all locations.
- Check out our preaching page to get a feel
- Warm and Welcoming - on our good days, lol. In all seriousness, all churches claim this one, but in reality, some people you run into are going to be outgoing and warm, others may be introverted, some may have just had the best week ever, and others may be carrying into worship some really heavy stuff. Sometimes the pastors are full of energy and glee, but other days the baby kept them up all night. Only time will tell whether the church is warm and welcoming and I can vouch that NCCP UMC is top notch in this category.
What We Believe?
We are neither conservative nor liberal. We Are Wesleyan!
1. Christ has died; Christ has risen; Christ will come again
2. In the Grace of God (prevenient, justifying, sanctifying)
prevenient grace comes before any awareness on our part
that God works in the midst of our brokenness.
justifying gracebrings us into a right relationship with God
and assures us that we are beloved by God.
sanctifying grace helps us grow as Christian disciples
3. Faith and Works
Methodist hold in healthy tension the values of faith and works. We emphasize the importance of faith or a personal relationship with Christ. At the same time, we preach that our love of God is made real through good works.
4. Free Will
Jesus died for all people; therefore, God offers free grace to every person. Christ's work on the cross has unlimited power. Instead of speaking about God's irresistible grace (Calvinist), Wesleyans emphasize free will or the God given capacity to choose or reject God (Arminian).
5. Wesley's Three Simple Rules
Do no harm
Stay in love with God
For Further Study
NCCP New Member Guide - Click to Download
The United Methodist Church - For details on United Methodist Beliefs